Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guest Post: Jibril

Today's guest blogger is Mary Jeddore Blakney with an excerpt from her novel Resist the Devil:
Photo: harrycutting.blogspot.com

I am of the mujihadeen.


My father was a traitor and now he abides in the fire where he belongs. I will not be like him.

I am of the faithful ones and my day will come. The unbelievers will be surprised, and I will secure my place in the Garden.


My mother is a fool.

She listens to the lies of the unbelievers. 

 But I am of the faithful ones and my day will come.


Photo: zawaj.com
I will secure my place in the Garden, and my mother’s eyes will be opened and she will be saved from the fire.


I am Jibril: Mighty One of God.

My day has not yet come, but it will come.

Perhaps my preparation will take longer than I had thought, but it will come.

I will be diligent and study, and I will secure my place in the Garden, and save my mother from the fire.


My training has taken longer than I ever imagined.


Photo: flickriver.com
I have studied, I have researched, I have developed discipline, endurance, strength and skill.

My day draws near.

I am of the mujihadeen.


No comments:

Post a Comment